Steam prison review

Publisher: Dramatic Create/HuneX (JP),MangaGamer(ENG)
Developer: HuneX
Available: on Steam and for psvita
I have tried to continue Bad apple wars on psvita, but I haven't been interest in it lately so decided to try play something else. So for a long time I looked at my Steam "library" and wondered which one I should play. I have wanted to play Steam prison for a long time and finally decided to start playing it. I didn't know anything about the game before starting playing it. I have only watched the PV and OP videos for the game.

For the first time I actually tried to wrote notes for me so I could remember what to write. Also decided to write this review a little bit differently than my older posts. Hopefully you enjoy read this one too!

Summary from Mangagamer:

There are two kinds of people: the rulers and the ruled. The Heights are a gorgeous utopia. The Depths, a filthy industrial wasteland. Our heroine, raised in the Heights, has nothing but contempt for those below. Now an observation mission requires her to descend into that world, and the gears of fate have begun to turn.



So this time I wanted just wrote my overall thoughts about this game.
Story setting for the game was really interesting,how there was "two worlds" with their own cruelty and secrets. How Height was this happy place to live with strict laws,but in depth you were criminal with laws but more freedom. Well I guess that freedom parts depends on which part of Depth you live. For me this game was interesting from the beginning to the end. Even thought sometimes it repeated itself,but always you wondered what kind of ending our heroine Cyrus is going to get this time.
Game was sometimes very dark and cruel,but you can kinda expect it for the setting like Height/Depth. But it actually made the game more interesting to me. But luckily there was a lot humor too so it wasn't too dark. Romance parts were cute but also there were times when you didn't expect those moments to happen.

All the characters had their own twist and problems.
I liked our heroine Cyrus. She was strong female character,but she also had her own weaknesses. With all love stuff she was sometimes silly but also cute. There were some side characters which I liked. I kinda wished that Fin would have his own route,even thought he ended up to be this crazy yandere character. But he has his own reasons why he ended up to be like that in the game.

From the 5 routes I liked Eltcreed and Ulrik routes the most. I liked other characters too but in those routes there was some things which made me have mixed feelings about the characters.
I played Liberaritas boys routes first (Eltcreed and Ulrik) and then I played Sanctuary district boys (Adage and Ines). And of course the last one were our over 400 years old shota priest Yune(of course).

Eltcreed is this flirty type of characters and of course I ended up to like his route. He was a really colorful persona,but sometimes melancholic too. His and Ulrik's friendship was very beautiful and I ended up to like those moments the most. How they playfully teased each others.

Ulrik's route was cute but sometimes kinda sad. He was this big tsundere baby who didn't want to have any contacts with Cyrus.(later he was more open to Cyrus heh) But of course Eltcreed tried to help their relationship sometimes. I was kinda surprised that in Eltcreed route there wasn't much big revelations about the plot. But playing Ulrik route there was a lot. Felt like Eltcreed route was this "alittle warm up route" for the game and then Ulrik route were like "here is more information take it!".

After playing those lovely Liberaritas boys routes I was kinda sad that I had to say "goodbye" to them and continue to the Sanctuary district boys. Adage's route was third one which I played. First his route felt really random for me and I really hoped that there was going to happen something. It ended up to be really interesting one but at the same time I wasn't sure if I liked his route. I guess Adage had this weird twist which made me feel uncomfortable for some reason. The plot in this route was kinda yikes.


Fourth route was Heine/Ines or what ever you want to call him. Ines was really kind and good person, but at the same time I felt that he end up to be this twisted character. Well he didn't end up like that (luckily) but he had his own reasons why he acted a little bit distant. There were some flashback moments from Ines and Sachsen past. (Before Sachsen become asshole) After those I felt a little bit sorry for Sachsen even thought I still thought that he was cruel man.
The moment when Ines tried to confess his love to Cyrus was...awkward. She suddenly started talk about how Ines was like father to her. Or more like father figure(?) And I felt a really sorry for him and screamed inside...oh Cyrus.

And then was time for the last route,the 400 years old shota priest. Yune's route was kinda painful to play. I just wanted it to end. All the time he just talked about how he want to die. And then he figured out that Cyrus should fall in love with him,so his heart would stop because it always started to hurt when he thought about her....you what mate..?
my mood when I played yune's route
Of course I understood why he wanted to die,but still urgh. So to be honest I didn't like his route at all. Well there was some humor parts in it which kinda saved it but yeah. And I really didn't see Yune as love interest in the game.

After finishing Yune's route I thought I had finished all important routes from this game. But I ended to look at one guide page and there was this "Grand ending". Well it wasn't the end yet I guess. I started playing Grand ending which you were able to play after playing all "other endings" from the game. Luckily I had already play those. In nutshell Grand ending was this happy ending without love.

What are my final thoughts about the game?
I ended up to like it more than I expect.
I didn't have any expectations for the game. Like I said before the story was interesting from the beginning to the end. (even thought Yune's route was kinda struggle for me) Some plot parts where kinda shocking and I didn't even expect those.
Overall it was really enjoyable to play!

My favorite order for the characters is Eltcreed,Ulrik,Ines,Adage and Yune.
From the beginning Eltcreed was my favorite one and it didn't change during the game. Usually otome games have this "main boy" for the game,but it was hard to say which one was for Steam prison.


Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Birushana: Rising flower of genpei ~ Overall thoughs

Collar x malice review

Taisho x alice episode 2