7'scarlet review


Hello everyone it's time for another review post,yay! Maybe one day I have other ideas for blog post. So yesterday I finally finished to play 7'scarlet and decided write this review post soon after finishing the game. This time the review post is going to be a little different what I have done for couple of games.  (*^▽^)/

Published by: Otomate/toybox/Idea factory
ENG Aksys games
Available for psvita
Official page
 I bought 7'scarlet game when it was published in English and I didn't have any expectations for the game. Usually when I look at the characters for the first time I have one favorite character just only from looking at them. But this time I didn't have any favorite characters from the beginning. Before I started play 7'scarlet I wasn't sure what I should play next,but my friend Ilaria recommended me to play this next. And it was actually good choice for next game to play. 

7'scarlet is mystery/fantasy (kind of) themed game. In short game the story is about Ichiko who goes to the town called Okunezato to find her brother who disappeared there a year ago. Ichiko and her childhood friend Hino goes to Okunezato because they find a website which kind of "discover" mysteries from the town. 

 Routes:

There is some spoilers!


Hino

seiyuu: Nobunaga Shimazaki 
Before I started to play any routes I checked some reviews and playthrough if  you have to play some routes in order. So I decided start from Hino, the childhood friend. You were also able to start from Isora's route, but I thought that Hino's route would be better choice.

For me Hino was this typical tsundere,maybe a little bit genki childhood friend character who want to win heroine's heart and be better protector than big brother. I think cute detail was that he loves cute mascot characters and he try to hide it. I really enjoyed to play Hino's route and I didn't find it boring at all. His route was a really good start for the game. And there was already a lot of information about the Okunezato city folk tales. I don't really have anything special to say about this route...it was childhood route,so yeah.

Isora

Seiyuu: Kakihara Tetsuya
SO,after childhood friend route I played Isora's route next. Isora is working as chef in Furikan inn. He is younger than Ichiko and also his childhood friend from the past. I think Isora was supposed to be "flirt" character in the game. Mmmm,well yeah he had those cute pick up lines. But in the end of the route I started think was Isora really "flirt" character hmmmmmm. 
I also enjoyed to play this route and there was also so many twist in it. Like the moment when Isora locked Ichiko to the basement to be "safe". OOOOOOH BOY. So many times I had the feeling  like"bitch I don't trust you". Probably many people didn't like this route but I enjoyed it. Maybe I have weird taste,because I like those twisted character routes..just maybe,hmmm?

me when the basement moment xDD

Toa

Seiyuu: Morikubo Showtaro 

When I was playing Isora's route I was talking about it to Ilaria and she told me that after finishing it I should play Toa next,because his route is good one. And YES it was,I fell in love with this clumsy cat lover.
As character Toa is very clumsy and sometimes a little bit shy,he also end up to be one of Ichiko's childhood friend. How many times I can say that I really liked Toa,he is precious *ugly crying*. Even though Toa is this really shy and awkward person he end up to be famous idol A-TO. Ichiko find this when Toa didn't have his glasses. 

Surprise I also enjoyed to play this route too. There was some stupid "idol drama" in route but that didn't bother me much. After you finished playing Yuzuki's route you were able to play Toa's "True route". I was wondering what is going to happen there,what is bigger secret than be an idol? To be honest the true route was hit to the face. I was kind of dumbfounded, but at the same time felt like: this is so random why they did add this part to here??? BUT the true end was a really sad and I might have cried for the CG in the end of it.

Sosuke

Seiyuu: Chiharu Sawashiro
Uh another megane boy in the game,I don't complain. Sosuke is medical student and very serious as character. Usually I like those "serious" characters in the otome games,because they end up to be those awkward potatoes whit love stuff. But that didn't happen with Sosuke. For me Sosuke was very boring character and well his route was too. I don't mean his route was garbage,but I just didn't like it that much. It was okay and well I played it. So to be honest I don't have much to say about his route. Some people may have liked it,but it just wasn't that good for me.

Yuzuki 

Seiyuu: Shinichiro Miki
AWWW YES,finally the boss route,AH!
Yuzuki is boss in Furikan inn and he is "heir" of the Murakumo family. He is also serious character but also very cold sometimes. But this time I got this "I'm serious character but with love stuff I'm awkward potato" moments,bless.I don't know why I always like those characters which look at you like "garbage". Why I have weird taste... 

But I really liked play Yuzuki's route, sadly it felt kind of short. In the route I also liked how Yuzuki changed as character. Because first he was like: all humans are fools and what is meaning of life. And later he was able to accept that he is able to love someone.

Hanate

Seiyuu: Midorikawa Hikaru 

After Yuzuki's route I played Toa's true route and after that I though "now I have finished whole game". OH but wait,there is secret route! Of course we have big brother route,because japan love to have those big brother routes in the otome games lol. Hanate's route was more like "Here is all information about all revenant shit what have happened in the game,here you go. You're welcome!" It was nice to get all pieces together and get answers for the questions. BUT in the end of the route I cried like a little baby and felt so empty after finishing it. Those who have played this game know what happen in the end and IT BROKE MY HEART. 

Final thoughts: 

What I thought about the game?  Before I starter wrote about routes I said that I didn't have any expectations for the game. But I think that was good because it really surprised me how enjoyable it was. 

All routes were interesting,even though Sosuke's route was kind of boring for me. And the plot in the end of the game was interesting. And there was so many WTF moments for me too.
 I liked that 7'scarlet wasn't this typical "school romance,doki doki,sparkle sparkle" game. Music in the game was really good and it made some parts in the game feel more scary/creepy. I ended up like Toa's "idol song" what was in the end of his route. 
My favorite character from the game ended up be Yuzuki. I also liked Toa and Isora too. 

I also found it very funny when Ilaria recommended me to play this game,she told me not to play it at night. And I was like "ppft it can't be that bad right". But well thanks for the scary/creepy music which give the uncomfortably atmosphere while playing it at night in dark room. Good life choices,yes. 

But I would recommend this game! If you like mystery and a little bit fantasy theme with touch of scary atmospheres sometimes,go for it! 

I hope you guys liked this review,even though it was a little bit shorter than usually and doesn't have so many "details" from the game. If you have any questions or want comment something feel free to do it! I started play Collar x Malice next so there is probably going to be review from it in the future. Well if I don't get some motivation to translate my old reviews. Or maybe other blog posts,who knows. 

~ Sparkletokiya


Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Birushana: Rising flower of genpei ~ Overall thoughs

Collar x malice review

Taisho x alice episode 2